Considering the following program :

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.ResultSet;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import java.sql.Statement;

public class SimpleTest {
        public static void main(String[] args) throws SQLException {
                Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:h2:mem:.",
"sa",
"");
                Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
                stmt.execute("CREATE TABLE T(id INT AUTO_INCREMENT, v INT)");

                stmt.execute("INSERT INTO T(v) VALUES (3)");

                ResultSet rs = stmt.getGeneratedKeys();
                System.out.println(rs.getMetaData().getColumnLabel(1));
                System.out.println(rs.getMetaData().getColumnName(1));
        }
}

The printed results is :
IDENTITY()
IDENTITY()

I was guessing it would be id for both. Am I wrong?