I now have a database that has the "order by" no rows problem.

I don't think that conditions that are outlined in the fix (Queries
that are ordered by an indexed column returned no rows in certain
cases (if all rows were deleted from the table previously, and there
is a low number of rows in the table, and when not using other
conditions, and when using the default b tree index).) are true for
this database.

Could it be that the same issue can be caused in another scenario.
The database I have shows the problem when opened with H2 1.1.108. The
same database no longer shows the problem when opened with H2 1.1.111.

I can send the database and the query that fails with 1.1.108 if
necessary.
Alex