On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 1:22 AM, 曹江华 <tujiao....@gmail.com> wrote:
> H2,the server/client model is faster than MySQL?

Two general notes:

(a) Always test using setup as similar as possible to your use case, and
(b) Usually performance of DBs is limited by speed of disk I/O and
amount of memory cache (plus efficiency of DB using that cache):
former is something DBs can not do much about.
(c) Comparing embedded databases to client/server based is comparing
apples to oranges

Because of (a), general benchmarks are not very good at determining
how given DB would work for you performance-wise. And due to (b),
actual differences for larger data sets usually are not nearly as big
as what is often expected. In fact, performance is often not that big
of a factor if you really objectively evalute best choices.
Reliability, maintainability, ease-of-use, functionality and
scalability usually rank higher than performance. At least when
comparing mature products that have been reasonably well optimized.

MySQL's problems are (based on my experience) mostly in other areas.
And there are plenty of problems. But performance usually is not the
reason to run away from it.

-+ Tatu +-