Hi,

> Does it mean that regardless of the old format or the page store
> format, both of them are neither utf-8 nor base64 ?

Yes.

> I was wondering since the old format is already 'out of support', you
> could release some hints about it.

The source code is already available. Beyond that, I'm afraid I will
not have time to document it. I'm sorry.

> Could you hint which part of the old h2 format source file should I
> look into to look for the encoding of the old h2 format ?

I'm afraid that would be a "bottomless pit" (if that's the right term).

> why not allow some of us whoever
> that is interested to get down and make a more efficient converter for
> the H2 file formats ?

It's allowed. But I'm afraid it would take too much time explaining
you the details. I hope you respect my decision about this.

Regards,
Thomas