Hi,

> Is this a new change?

This was changed when the page store was implemented.

> I have an app using multi-threaded mode and the backup
> does not block other queries.

With current version of H2 it does.

> Or was it found dangerous that the backup not blocking could cause a
> corrupted backup (Because of blocks being changed while the backup is
> copying?) ?

Yes and no. It is possible to backup the database file without
blocking reads and writes. Only checkpoints need to be disabled. It's
not that hard to implement that, but it's not yet done for the page
store because it didn't have high priority so far.

Regards,
Thomas