Hi Kerry,
I take a little time to see your patch/extensions and seems there are
interesting things.

About MODULE implementation, many has been said and I still think that is a
needed feature to let proper entity to user code as a database object with
multiple possible purposes that deserve been added to the core.
New FunctionAlias class with LanguageRunner*  look cleaner more extensible and
elegant but IMHO may be need careful testing in terms of performance and
possible side effects before added to the core.

BSF languages support, look very nice and I'm sure that many people can found
very desirable, but I agree with others proposal to be a "contrib" like
optional extension.
About triggers in particular I wish to have a more complete and feature rich
java implementation before BSF but that's only my wish.
Some performance comparison will be very informative too.

Good job and thanks for share your work.
regards,
Dario