Removing primary key values and timestamps does minimal things. Anyone
with the tools, knowledge, will and if possible, backed by a legal
warrant, can use legal resources to dig up 'removed' data.

You need to consider that there are temp files, file slacks, memory
slacks... especially in the NTFS filesystem which may contain residues
of unencrypted database files that have been supposedly 'deleted'.

It is still best to encrypt the file from the very start of it's
creation so that the fragments of it, even if retrieved and recovered,
would still have to bypass the AES 128 encryption H2 uses for
encrypted storage if you use it's option right from the start.

Removing values selectively or randomly from a file can be recovered
via computer forensics mean and thus insecure.

Leaving the database unencrypted in the beginning and later on encrypt
it, I am afraid some fragments may have been somewhere in the disk
where it can be recovered.

If you are not allowed to encrypt the database, and you try to encrypt
just the blobs, the other data in the main database (non-lobs) would
simply betray the contents of the blob and also, simply selectively
encrypting only blobs or selective manipulation parts of H2 data is
not in H2 features unless you want to make your own libraries to
compliment it.