Hi,

I can't reproduce the problem. In my test case, the database URL is
correct. I wonder if the database event listener is the right tool for
what you need. By the way, the script in INIT=RUNSCRIPT ... might be
in the classpath using the resource URL:
http://h2database.com/html/advanced.html#file_system "To read a stream
from the classpath, use the prefix classpath:, as in
classpath:/org/h2/samples/newsfeed.sql."

My test case: http://h2database.com/p.html#5edb5768e4e6f7a3008a7673e403f1c1
and below.

Regards,
Thomas

package db;

import java.sql.Connection;
import java.sql.DriverManager;
import java.sql.SQLException;
import org.h2.api.DatabaseEventListener;

public class TestSimpleDb implements DatabaseEventListener {

    public static void main(String... args) throws Exception {
        String url = "jdbc:h2:mem:test;database_event_listener='" +
            TestSimpleDb.class.getName() +"'";
        Class.forName("org.h2.Driver");
        Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(url);
        conn.close();
    }

    public void closingDatabase() {
    }

    public void diskSpaceIsLow() {
    }

    public void exceptionThrown(SQLException e, String sql) {
    }

    public void init(String url) {
        System.out.println("init " + url);
    }

    public void opened() {
    }

    public void setProgress(int state, String name, int x, int max) {
    }

}