Well, the concrete problem is that I do a backup with script command using
the drop option. And even with fairly simple databases when trying to
restore the database, restore operation exits because it is unable to
execute those drop statements because of dependency issues.

Hasn't this happened to others? Would you like me to give a sample of such a
dependency? I think that dropping all the objects is a tricky thing eg. In
case where 2 tables have a foreign key to eachother.

One way to implement the drop option would be to come up with a function
that would delete all db objects, no questions asked (this could be
non-public but might even be useful to a developer when developing and
testing things).

But I will try to come up with simple schemas that resist the the drop
option in the next mail.

http://groups.google.com/group/h2-database?hl=en.