Christian, you could implement your use case also as a before trigger.
There you could simply put your modified timestamp into the newRow array and H2 will consider that as part of the update.

Can you give an exact definition to your term "current command"?
Or maybe the scope of current command.
I am quessing you mean one single statement and all statements that are somehow triggered by it.

- rami