> Ah, I guess the main problem is the "()" at the end. I didn't see that
> first, sorry.
>
> Could you change the query to:
>
> SELECT getNextIdAndUpdate() AS getNextIdAndUpdate

I certainly could, but my goal was to change nothing in the code to
accommodate my unit testing.  Referencing the column by name works
fine running against a standard PostgreSQL instance, which requires
neither the parenthesis nor the schema name.  Shouldn't H2's
PostgreSQL compatibility mode support this behavior?

- Joe