Dear H2 committers and users,

Has anyone tried storing a BLOB in a database that uses MVTableEngine? When
I attempt to retrieve a binary stream longer than 128 bytes from an MVStore
table, I am seeing this exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException:
org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: IO Exception: "Missing lob entry: 1/0"
[90028-171]
    at org.h2.message.DbException.convertToIOException(DbException.java:348)
    at
org.h2.store.LobStorage$LobInputStream.fillBuffer(LobStorage.java:466)
    at org.h2.store.LobStorage$LobInputStream.read(LobStorage.java:380)
    at PersistBLOB.run(PersistBLOB.java:75)
    at PersistBLOB.main(PersistBLOB.java:144)
Caused by: org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: IO Exception: "Missing lob entry:
1/0" [90028-171]
    at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:329)
    at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:169)
    at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:146)
    at org.h2.store.LobStorage.readBlock(LobStorage.java:228)
    at
org.h2.store.LobStorage$LobInputStream.fillBuffer(LobStorage.java:463)
    ... 3 more

I have tried it with H2 version 1.3.171 and OpenJDK 6 on Linux Ubuntu
12.04. I have seen the same problem with Sun Java SE 1.6.0 on Windows XP as
well. You can use the example (PersistBLOB.java) at

http://www.mysticpaste.com/view/cxSbB9NNRp?2

to reproduce it. Of course, you will need h2-1.3.171.jar on your classpath
when compiling and running my example.

Note that when I turn off MVStore (`-nomv` option) or make the stream 128
bytes or shorter, (`-size 128` option), the exception disappears.

This is my first post within your community, so I would appreciate if
someone could review it and tell me if this is might be a bug or something
that has not yet been implemented. If you need further information or help
with filing a bug report, submitting a regression test, or fixing the
problem, please let me know.

Best regards,
Stan.