I'm not sure how dropbox handles open files, but regarding multiple files h2 should be fine as everything is in 1 file. If you have separate lobs or fulltext index that might be a problem. You could regenerate full text index, but if lobs are out of sync I don't know how it would handle it. So if you store lobs in the database it should be ok.

Ryan