On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Thomas Mueller
<thomas.tom.muel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not convinced that using another exception class is a good idea. This
> new exception class has to be supported in multiple places (remoting the
> exception for example).
>
> What about extending the existing class (JdbcSQLException) with the required
> data? If it's not a parse exception, then the field is empty.

That's a pity.
Using an exception subclass makes the exception handling very natural.
It's exactly how catch blocks are meant to be used.
  try {
  } catch (JdbcParseSQLException ex) {
     ...show syntax error...
  } catch (SQLException ex) {
     .. show more serious error...
  }

But if we go your way, we need to move JdbcSQLException into the
org.h2.api package.