Hi,

For memory problems:

What I usually first use is "jmap -histo <pid>" to get an overview. It
usually works with recent versions of Java, sometimes you have to try a few
times and sometimes you have to use -F. Rarely you have to use -histo:live.

Afterwards, if I need to further analyze, I use
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError to get a heap dump, and analyze it with
Eclipse MAT. I tried using jhat but think Eclipse MAT is easier. To ensure
the heap dump is not too big, I force a smaller heap (-mx256m for example).

Regards,
Thomas