And then you can use
   gunzip | grep SEQ_001
to search through it.

On 2013-09-29 20:55, JND wrote:
Hi,

Does this ring a bell for anyone...

#1. I have a database with about 100 tables. When I open the H2 Web console (port 8082) it exhibits excessive memory consumption at tree.js:82, to the point that the browser will consume all host memory.

#2. While investigating this, I noticed that JavaScript is rendering the Sequences tree. Then I noticed that there are thousands upon thousands of sequences being listed. If I SCRIPT NODATA, all of the sequences are shown with CREATE SEQUENCES yet only 15 are associated with table columns in the CREATE TABLE DDLs. The other thousands also look very repetitive (most have a current value of 33 or 64).

#3. These orphaned sequences cannot be dropped (“belongs to table”). I am running H2 1.3.173, but I guess these could be buggy sequences from a prior version. I’ve tried to create various test cases but cannot create more undroppable sequences in 1.3.173. I could try reproducing it in earlier versions but I don’t know which version(s) were affected or which test case(s) will reproduce it.

My questions are:
• How can I figure out if these sequences are “legitimate”? Currently I assume none of them will be needed for database integrity. • Is it possible this was caused by an H2 bug that’s fixed in .173, and kind of SQL could trigger it? • Assuming these sequences are bogus, what is the most efficient way of deleting them?

I have a 20 GB production database that has about 146500 of these...

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "H2 Database" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to h2-database+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.