Hi,

from my experience I can propose to use SSDs for the storage. They have
gained a great performance improvement for my application.

<uneducated info>I think the RAID system does not give a large perfomance
improvement although it is good to protect against hardware failures. As
far as I have understood H2 performs a file.sync() after each transaction.
This requires that the RAID controller empties its write cache after each
transaction and therefore the performance is not better as using the disk
without RAID.</uneducated info> But beware: maybe this is totally wrong and
I have observed a different effect.

Uli