Hi,

we have a java application with embedded h2 and hibernate and use for the
fileencryption and db password ONE password which we hash and take the
first part as fileencryption-password and the last part as db-password.
But now the problem is that we want to offer the user to change the
password. We close the database with the Close method of the
EntityManagerFactory,
but the h2 database file is still locked. So we cannot use the
ChangeFileEncryption-Tool inside our application, because we get the error:

Cannot change the setting "encryption" when the database is already open
[90133-173]
at org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:331)
at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:171)

Is there a way, we can solve this problem?