Yeah hash comparison on writes is a bit of overkill. If you can't rely on what is written to disk to actually be written to disk we are all in major trouble!

Also, java handles exceptions for permissions, out of disk space, etc, pretty well. just try, catch with appropriate handling as per your application needs...

Java 7 brings a lot of enhancements in nio2 also, so even less code to write, or you could use commons IO like you suggested...

I think clob encoding is also up to the user application. If it was me I would just do a binary copy and leave it in the source encoding, but it really depends on what you are trying to do...

On 25/04/2014 3:09 AM, Thomas Mueller wrote:
Hi,

Sorry I don't understand "comparison of SHA-1 (MD4. MD5)"

>So writing it *once and well* for all

Well, so far it's not a popular feature request.

Regards,
Thomas