I have not realized this right away but backward slash is not URI
replacement for space. it is %20 . The slash is usually used in file paths
but not in the URI. JDBC connection string is URI hence you need to make
sure it is valid. Try the %20 perhaps that will work for you. Maybe
malformed URI caused driver to ignore IFEXISTS and your blank DB got
created somewhere. try searching the drive or subpaths of your path or by
filename

Tono