Sorry, the exception only happens when closing a connection with a large
amount (114508) of MERGE queries executed, and I couldn't post the test
case for you.
The table only contains three columns as "name VARCHAR PRIMARY KEY, df INT,
category_counts VARCHAR"
This is reproducible in both 1.4.183 and 1.4.184.

In 1.4.184 I got
org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: General error:
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Negative position -1593 [1.4.184/6]"
[50000-184]
        at
org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:345)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
        at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:168)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
        at org.h2.message.DbException.convert(DbException.java:295)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
        at
org.h2.mvstore.db.MVTableEngine$1.uncaughtException(MVTableEngine.java:93)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
        at org.h2.mvstore.MVStore.writeInBackground(MVStore.java:2374)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Negative position -1593
[1.4.184/6]
        at
org.h2.mvstore.DataUtils.newIllegalStateException(DataUtils.java:773)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
        at
org.h2.mvstore.MVStore.readPageChunkReferences(MVStore.java:1267)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
        at
org.h2.mvstore.MVStore.collectReferencedChunks(MVStore.java:1245)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
        at
org.h2.mvstore.MVStore.collectReferencedChunks(MVStore.java:1249)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]
        at
org.h2.mvstore.MVStore.collectReferencedChunks(MVStore.java:1249)
~[h2-1.4.184.jar:1.4.184]

I'm falling back to 1.4.182 now and I found that the .mv.db file is no
longer that large (around 500M), not sure if I suddenly change anything.

Regards,
Pishen