Just out of interest, something like an Access database works out of the box on windows (I've never seen any glaring corruption issues, they corrupt easily, but not as easily as a bug like this would indicate).

I wonder if it works around it? I'm sure older versions like Access 2003 are unaware of SMBv2 (I have a lot of clients running Access 2003 on network file systems running SMB2). Plus it has been standard since Vista, so in 6 years I would have thought the issue would come up much more regularly? I've had major performance issues on some systems with SMB2 (But not across the board, I believe that was another issue that SMB2 triggered, not an issue with SMB2 itself), but never corruption issues.

Ryan