Hi Thomas,

That sounds like a good idea! On the API side, I would probably make it a
> key-value list, by extending the existing
> table information_schema.settings. Otherwise the table will get a *lot* of
> columns if we add other data. Of course, the problem of a key-value list is
> that the datatype for both keys and values is varchar, which is not needed
> here. But I don't think that's a big problem (right?).

I agree with you, as more informations are needed, more columns will be
added.

> Part of that info is already there, see for example "info.FILE_WRITE" in
> MetaTable.java
>
> What about using the following keys:
>
> store.unsavedMemory
> store.fileStore.writeBytes
> store.fileStore.readBytes
> store.fileStore.writeCount
> store.fileStore.readCount
> store.fileStore.size
> store.cache.usedMemory
> store.cache.hits
> store.cache.misses
> store.chunkCache.usedMemory
> store.chunkCache.hits
> store.chunkCache.misses

I'm not sure if the meta table Setting is the best place to put this stats.
I can't see some I/O informations as database settings. IMHO, this could
'pollute' the table with not necessarily related informations. What you
think about in create a separated meta table database_statistics and put
all related informations in key-value format?

Regards,

Fred