On 2015-08-03 11:26 AM, Steve McLeod wrote:
Consider this issue solved for me - I wanted to make sure that for the longer
term a bigger query cache was contemplated.

A related part of this issue is that
    Parser.prepareCommand(String);

is costly for large SQL statements. In particular the Parser.initialize(String)
method seems to be a CPU hog. When I say
"large SQL statement" I mean > 3000 characters, and 150 parameters.

I attempted to do some profiling to find if there were any simple optimisations
available, but alas the
Parser.initialize() method is complex and not easy to profile in more detail.

How many connections do you open? If you have a lot of very complex queries, the right answer may be that we need to share the PreparedStatement cache across sessions.