Hi,

I've been using H2 for quite awhile now (4+ years) in big production
environments and mission critical systems, without a flaw! congratulations
to all commiters!

I've now only 1 concern, and it's about file sizes, sometimes it grows a
lot! and the "shutdown compact" does not seems to help much. I don't know
if it is because I use full-text capabilities on H2 and indexes might grow
a lot (any ideas here?).

Is there any plan to include an auto-shrink feature for the database? so
the disk file size optimizes itself based upon some heuristics?

I've been using to store office documents, and with few (< 50) documents,
sometimes I get a file size of 2GB!! which is a lot, having in mind that I
create full-text for the content on those documents.

Any comments on this, will lead to glory!

Thanks!

Jose Walker.