This is my first post on this group,
Hello to everyone! :)

I have a problem with my H2 DATABASE.
I am seriously worried by the size it is getting, it is now about 350mb
(Yeah I know it's not the largest one), but my worries go all to the future
and how it will scale in the long run.

Issues:
- Trying to Export data as CSV using DataGrip (or any other Database
Explorer) I get less than 50mb of real 'data'
- Database seems filled with tons of 'unknown' data - I know the database
stores indexes and such, but I tried DROPPING ALL OBJECTS, or DELETING
TABLES , DELETING INFORMATION_SCHEMA just for test purpose and after all
was cleaned it was around 250mb anyway.
- After cleaning the whole DB which is now totally empty but still weights
250mb, the size changes after connect/disconnect, lowering abour 4mb each
time
- Deleting tables o creating tables and adding 1000 rows does not change
file size (?) - and many times dropping tables/rows does not lower the DB
Size (why?)
- After cleaning the whole DB which is now totally empty, still weights
250mb, what is happening?

Details:
- I have INCREMENTAL IDS (with some jumping sequences, eg. from 10->40)
- I store BLOBs
- I store VARCHARs, many fixed to 125 chars, some with 250/500 or 2000 in a
unique case
- I use a JVM Web App that starts connection at program start and closes it
at program closing (I used this approach because I thought it could be very
slow and could waste tons of resources to 'reopen, commit, close'
connection every single time, considering multiple people send multiple
requests simultaneously. I am free too critics and I totally encourage
opinions/advices about this.
- Every query is immediately turned to a Map of results and the ResultSet
is closed as soon as possible

What is happening? I am mostly concerned about the fact it may get such a
large db in production to cause slowdowns or crashes of the machine

Might my question have some mistakes, feel free to correct me and apologize
for my first post