Does it sanitise the paths that are passed to it (so they cannot go up a
directory with '..')?

I mean that's not mentioned in the documentation (on that page I cannot
find any reference to 'baseDir' and the command line help merely says 'The
base directory for H2 databases' and it's not immediately obvious from the
source whether sanitation takes place).

Also it still doesn't allow for having say http://mydomain:1234/ as the
location of the tcp connection to a single database.

I can see the issue, why it is like it is. To configure the mapping in a
flexible and standard way you would have to come up with some kind of
horrendous mapping file format,  which would just another thing to learn...

Anyway, I'm quite happy with how it works for me now. Unfortunately it
feels at first like something that it should just be possible to configure
without writing any code and I found the documentation and searching google
in general not very illuminating and even somewhat confounding. Perhaps not
unsurprising that the documentation doesn't talk about things that aren't
actually quite possible.

(Not trying to sound ungrateful or critical, just hopefully save the odd
person an hour or four in the future trying to work out how to configure
the tcp server)