Hi everyone,

We are encountering recurring data corruption in one of our products using
H2 as database. Until now we got 2 corrupted databases; and our application
will be installed in more than 20 machines.
- The version of H2 is 1.4.189 with hibernate+ JPA
- The database schema is composed of 62 small tables without binaries.

- Database url is the following

jdbc:h2:file:C:/Storage/MDBASE;MVCC=TRUE;MV_STORE=TRUE;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE;CACHE_SIZE=16384

- Backuping the corrupted database gives the following error :

               Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: File
corrupted in chunk 13439, expected page length 4..32, got -486539227 [1.4.191/6]

        at org.h2.mvstore.DataUtils.newIllegalStateException(DataUtils.java:773)

        at org.h2.mvstore.Page.read(Page.java:649)

        at org.h2.mvstore.Page.read(Page.java:195)

        at org.h2.mvstore.MVStore.readPage(MVStore.java:1939)

        at org.h2.mvstore.MVMap.readPage(MVMap.java:736)

        at org.h2.mvstore.Page.getChildPage(Page.java:217)

        at org.h2.mvstore.Cursor.fetchNext(Cursor.java:150)

        at org.h2.mvstore.Cursor.next(Cursor.java:50)

        at org.h2.mvstore.MVMap$2$1.next(MVMap.java:879)

        at org.h2.mvstore.MVMap$2$1.next(MVMap.java:870)

        at org.h2.tools.Recover.dumpLobMaps(Recover.java:701)

        at org.h2.tools.Recover.dumpMVStoreFile(Recover.java:603)

        at org.h2.tools.Recover.process(Recover.java:345)

        at org.h2.tools.Recover.runTool(Recover.java:196)

        at org.h2.tools.Recover.main(Recover.java:159)

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Djava.vendor="Sun Microsystems Inc."

I cannot provide an example of a corrupted database, since I cannot reproduce
the issue, and the data we manage is really sensitive...

Do you have an idea what will be the cause of these crashes ? How it is
possible to recover these databases ?

Any pointer or insight would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks