Resurrecting the request again as it is on the roadmap for years and we
have no visibility on how high it is on the priority list.

HSQLDB supports SQL triggers since last year (here
<http://www.hsqldb.org/doc/guide/triggers-chapt.html>) - any chance we
could see this anytime soon for H2 too ?

Thanks,
Yan