Firstly note that this test generates fairly widely varying results, so you
need to run it a couple of times and average the output.

That said, this performance here is completely dependant on the CACHE_SIZE
constant in FileNioMemData.
A value of anything > approx 80 produces decent performance.

However, the point is that now we are approaching trade-off zone. If we
want more performance, we need to let enough data remain uncompressed to
fit the working set of your queries. However, that will be different from
program to program, and even different depending on what the user is doing
with the program.

But a larger cache means less compressed data, which means the DB will use
more RAM.

So right now I am leaning towards sizing the cache as a % of the size of
the DB, and adding a setting to allow users to override that %.
​