First thank you for the help.

I couldn't print stack trace of what's happening in H2. When I stop at the
right point with a debugger and try to print the stack trace it only show
me what's happening in my thread not in H2. Could you tell me more
precisely what I can do to in order to see where it comes from?

I've noticed something very strange : whatever lock mode I use it is always
block the same, I tried all possible LOCK mode. With or without MVCC, but
it always block at some point during an insert, and at this time I can
never read inside the database with another thread, sometime during more
than a few seconds.

By the way I didn't mentioned it but I'm not using an in memory database,
I'm using a persistent disk database.