My story.

We use H2 in production in one large project in one large organization with
few hundreds of users.  It's desktop GIS tool written in Java (fork of
known uDig platform) having H2 as an embedded spatial database (using
Hatbox/Geodb dependencies to handle spatial indexing and functions).  An
idea is to import all necessary data from central database (Postgre) to an
embedded H2 and work autonomously. Large portions of spatial data are then
managed in H2 and using solution based on SymmetricDS changes are collected
and then synchronized between H2 and PostgreSQL by user request.

H2 is very critical component, we always build own version from source
code, with some locally managed optimizations (not yet contributed back to
community) and PageStore mechanism is in use (no MVSTORE).   I would say,
performance of H2 for all cases a typical user of our system has is very
very good.   Database corruption is the only one BIG problem for us. We
know it.   GIS application is heavily multi threading application,
concurrent transactions, sometimes all kind of OOM errors, etc.  Our users
also know this problem and sometimes it happens for them.  We have an
established workflow of recovering the database and enough experience of
that.  During 3 years of production  we fix nearly 10-15 databases (many Gb
in size) per year in average. But we have hundreds of users working with it
daily without any issues.

Have to say that we build more fresh H2 bundles from time to time and
nowadays number of corruptions has reduced.

I would agree that it's not production database for many scenarios, from
another point of view we successfully use it in production (and some other
teams definitely),  corruption issues are quickly resolved and they are not
critical to the customer. An overall performance of the solution makes
customers in the end happy.