Just to keep you on track.

I built H2 from the source and indeed the execution times of the statements
improved. The times are not as fast as those in 1.3 but we are satisfied.

There are still some test cases that have too huge execution times as they
execute an enormous number of queries. For these the increasing
of QUERY_CACHE_SIZE has brought minor improvements.

Do you know approximately when you will release a new (stable) version of
H2 in which the optimisation that you made will be present?

Greetings,

Ivaylo