This is not really a “hole” in H2, it is an unsafe non-default
configuration that is used in some third-party products.

You have to enable remote access to H2 explicitly, but if you're doing it
you should also set additional restrictions that suit your environment and
needs. -ifExists can be used to prevent creation of new databases, security
constraints can be used on a web server to limit access to H2 Console only
to some authorized users, SSL can be enabled to encrypt the network layer.

I think we need more detailed description of configuration parameters with
better security guidance. Unfortunately, this most likely will not reduce
number of unsafe configurations significantly, because many people just use
the first working example that was found somewhere in the Internet, but we
can try.