On Saturday, 23 February 2019 23:11:33 UTC+8, Noel Grandin wrote:

> If you are running the console against local databases, you're doing
> anything you're already allowed to do. We just made it less convenient.

 Yes, there is a way to break “security”. Another user on the same home
computer or terminal server can create an own database, make its file
readable by other users, open H2 Console launched by another user and
connect to it.

H2 Console and TCP/PG servers need better security model, we discussed it
some time ago, but it is still not implemented.

In terms of usability there are many issues when people use relative URLs
with another base directory or in-memory database in another process and
get confused why their database is empty. Now a correct error message
appears.
Other people are now required to do more steps to create a new database
from Console.

We need more intuitive interface for it and reasonable security
configuration by default. Personally I don't think that H2 Console should
allow unlimited access from sessions of other users without explicit
permission from Console's owner.