I saw the change in 2.0.202 and tried with that version

without `MODE=PostgreSQL` and with `org.hibernate.dialect.H2Dialect` I get
the following error:
```
ERROR: NULL not allowed for column "ID"; SQL statement:
insert into users (id, password, session_id, username) values (null, ?, ?,
?) [23502-202]
```

with `MODE=PostgreSQL` and `org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQL10Dialect` I
get this one:
```
ERROR: Sequence "USERS_ID_SEQ" not found; SQL statement:
select currval('users_id_seq') [90036-202]
```

These are complete new errors that I didn't have on 1.4.200

> usage of PostgreSQL***Dialect with H2 may still fail at any point, H2
should only be used with H2Dialect.

that's not what the documentation says: at the contrary it advises to not
use the H2Dialect in compatibility mode (while not all the features might
be supported)
https://h2database.com/html/tutorial.html?highlight=dialect&search=dialect#using_hibernate