Greetings. Why would you not aggregate on the whole table without the
subquery?Anyway. If the subquery must be involved then you needed to unroll its
arrays first before aggregating it again.Look for the unnest syntax in h2. I
know its supported.Best regards AndreasSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Adam R <adam.j.ro...@gmail.com> Date:
26/04/2022  05:59  (GMT+01:00) To: H2 Database <h2-database@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [h2] Is it possible to flatten arrays when doing nested array
aggregation? Here's a toy example:CREATE TABLE MY_TABLE (ID INT, NAME
VARCHAR);INSERT INTO MY_TABLE VALUES(1, 'a');INSERT INTO MY_TABLE VALUES(2,
'a');INSERT INTO MY_TABLE VALUES(3, 'b');INSERT INTO MY_TABLE VALUES(4,
'b');SELECT ARRAY_AGG(IDS) AS IDS FROM    (SELECT ARRAY_AGG(ID) AS IDS FROM
MY_TABLE GROUP BY NAME)This will return [[1, 2], [3, 4]].  What I'd like is a
way to flatten the inner arrays so that I end up with a single array, like [1,
2, 3, 4].  Is this possible in H2?  (In a way that would would work for an
arbitrary number of array elements).Thank you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/h2-database/f9308cf3-2679-4652-94e7-ad48795f07c8n%40googlegroups.com.