On 10/14/2022 9:28 AM, Gerhard Duennebeil wrote:

Maybe it's a bit naive, but wouldn't it be possible to store the original name beside the local name and reflect that original name back to the linked database?

Oh, we wish, that would be so awesome.

The case-sensitivity of identifiers in SQL is a horrible, terrible, no-good
mess.

So..... when we ask the Postgresql JDBC driver what the column name is, we receive
"rf".

Now, unfortunately, we need to know:
Is this the "one true name" of the column?
Or is it just a representation of an identifier that is case-insensitive, for which any of 'RF' 'rf' 'Rf' 'rF' is acceptable ?

And....... we don't know, and there is insufficient information to be sure. So we have to guess, and in your case, we guess wrong.

The simplest fix, is for you to change your query to quote 'rf' at source i.e.
to write

    update reloadflag_disabled set 'rf'=true

The longer, nastier fix, would be that in TableLink#readMetaData we would have add extra logic to detect the ambiguous case, and issue some test queries to find out which of the cases we are dealing with.

If you want to spin up a patch/PR to add the logic, feel free, but I'll
understand if you're not interested :-)