I found an issue with the SQL command, the second table has a where clause
which is always true:

*where T3_T1_FID =  T3_T1_FID *
The redacted file with the exception has it wrong, I made a mistake when
renaming the tables for sending here. Sorry for that. I will run my
application again with the correct statement and see if it's OK now.

Anyway, even the wrong SQL shouldn't cause this behavior so in case you
want to have a look into it, the explain plan (for the buggy query that was
used) says:

DELETE FROM "PUBLIC"."T1"
    /* PUBLIC.PRIMARY_KEY_C: T1_ID IN(SELECT DISTINCT
        T1_ID
    FROM PUBLIC.T1
        /* PUBLIC.T1_INDEX */
    WHERE NOT EXISTS(    (SELECT
            NULL
        FROM PUBLIC.T2
            /* PUBLIC.CONSTRAINT_INDEX_9A0: T2_T1_FID = T1_ID */
        WHERE T2_T1_FID = T1_ID)
        UNION
        (SELECT
            NULL
        FROM PUBLIC.T3
            /* PUBLIC.CONSTRAINT_INDEX_1ED */
        WHERE T3_T1_FID = T3_T1_FID)))
     */
WHERE "T1_ID" IN(    SELECT DISTINCT
        "T1_ID"
    FROM "PUBLIC"."T1"
        /* PUBLIC.T1_INDEX */
    WHERE NOT EXISTS(    (SELECT
            NULL
        FROM "PUBLIC"."T2"
            /* PUBLIC.CONSTRAINT_INDEX_9A0: T2_T1_FID = T1_ID */
        WHERE "T2_T1_FID" = "T1_ID")
        UNION
        (SELECT
            NULL
        FROM "PUBLIC"."T3"
            /* PUBLIC.CONSTRAINT_INDEX_1ED */
        WHERE "T3_T1_FID" = "T3_T1_FID")))

By the way, when stopping the process of deleting, the DB had 148GB. After
reopening the database and shutting it down with SHUTDOWN COMPACT, it has
1.4GB.

so 19. 11. 2022 v 11:25 odesílatel Noel Grandin <noelgran...@gmail.com>