Hi all,
I am a bit unsure if this is the right place here to raise a potential bug
in h2 (found in h2.1.200, h2.2.214 and the most recent h2.2.222):

a very straight forward

select * from test_table where
 column1 like 'test%' escape ''

returns values (when appropriate) when MODE is not ORACLE but always
returns an empty record set for MODE=ORACLE. This might be explainable due
to the '' / empty string behavior in MODE=ORACLE - but it is quite
problematic w/r to the following:

* the result set is completely different depending on the MODE
* ORA databases themselves do not allow for ESCAPE '' (ORA-01425)
* the H2 documentation says otherwise (escape '' deactivates escaping - no
MODE specific behavior is mentioned)

* and probably the worst: as far as I can see, hibernate 6.x is now
automatically generating SQL when LIKE is used adding escape '' to each
query. I have not found a switch to deactivate that - hence you can
currently not combine hibernate 6.x + h2 in ORACLE mode with non-native
LIKE queries.

I have found much older threads here
(like https://groups.google.com/g/h2-database/c/OQ7tXiFYT6o and
https://groups.google.com/g/h2-database/c/zdqGA5cw3fM/m/C0J60SPjDfEJ but no
answer)

Any ideas or thoughts are much appreciated.
Thanks and Cheers

Bastian