Please discuss with the H2 developers first.
My understanding is: the current trend goes to SQL:2016 compliance and
the Compatibility modes are more or less seen as a tolerated legacy. So
any extension of those modes may not be welcome unconditionally, when
it introduced complexity or maintenance issues. I may be wrong of
course.

Cheers
Andreas