> But for you, that would require waiting for a new version to become
available, which might take some months.

To be honest, the deadline is not very important, what matters is that
ultimately we can offer users a tool (LibreOffice Base) that is easy to use
for databases. This is necessary if we want to be able to offer intelligent
and communicative functionalities.

> Why is it hard to use the workaround? ie. doing

I already have specific code for H2 because of the type of table named
TABLE BASE. If you use H2 in LibreOffice Base with the native JDBC driver
you will only see the views, the tables are invisible...

So I have mock java.sql.ResultSet in place allowing me to patch the content
in order to satisfy Base.

But in this specific case, it is more complicated for me to be able to
overcome this limitation than it is for you. I don't think I can write this
in less than 10 lines...

Furthermore I think that any good database management software will be
happy to take advantage of such functionality.