Hi Mahima,
You did not even mention, if you are usin in-memory or persistent database,
your connection URL should be the first thing to post. Database version
would be helpful too.
If you suspect memory leak - H2 is just another java library, so follow
standard best practices to detect JVM memory leaks (profiler, etc). If you
increase java heap size and it did not change a thing - that sounds
suspicious, at least time to reach unresponsive state should increase. When
you say "optimize for large datasets", what does it mean exactly? 1.5 - 2
million rows does not sound like a lot, unless your table is very wide or
there are blobs involved. What else, besides H2 exists in the same process?
I doubt, that without answers to those questions anyone would be able to
give you any kind of a meaningful advice.