Hi Konzertheld

I've tested this plugin and it does indeed work as expected.

>From the error you are getting, it looks like you are failing in
socketrequestprocessor.php where it calls "fopen" to connect to the URL in
question.

I suspect this could be a problem with the server, or possibly your PHP
configuration.

Is there a proxy between this server and the internet?
Do you have safe mode enabled or open_basedir defined in your PHP
configuration?

If possible, enable Curl within PHP and see if you still get the problem
(Habari prefers Curl over sockets if it's available).

HTH
Colin

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 4:12 AM, Konzertheld <konzerth...@konzertheld.de>wrote:

> Hey,
> a while ago my picasa silo stopped working. When I click the "Albums"
> entry in the silo's folder list, it starts loading and never ends. In
> the log, it says, Unable to connect to picasaweb.google.com in habari/
> system/classes/socketrequestprocessor.php:65. I checked the plugin's
> code and the urls that are called, they are okay, so there is propably
> nothing wrong with the plugin.
>
> I'm using 0.8 alpha, but it started before 0.7 was released. Can't
> tell since when exactly, sorry.
>
> Any help appreciated. I not only use the silo often, I'm currently
> developing a theme integrating with it and was planning to extend the
> silo's functionality...
>
> Regards,
> Konzertheld
>
> --