Thanks for the reply, Michael

I think I am seeing something different. On the Group admin page, in
the 'Group Permissions' section, I see a list of permissions with the
"allow" and "deny" checkbox next to each one, but I don't see 'Manage
dashboard modules' anywhere in that list. Should it be on that page?
In the 'Administration' sub-section? (I am guessing so). This is the
list I see in that section:

Manage comments on all posts
Manage comments on one's own posts
Manage tags
Manage options
Change theme
Configure the active theme
Activate/deactivate plugins
Configure active plugins
Use the importer
Add, remove, and edit users
Edit own profile
Manage groups and permissions
Manage logs
Create media silo directories
Delete media silo directories
Upload files to media silos
Delete files from media silos

I know that the Core Dashboard Modules plugin is active because I AM
seeing the dashboard modules when I log in as a super user.

The site I am looking at at the moment is running 0.7.1. I'm running
various sites with various versions of Habari. I can't immediately see
the 'Manage dashboard modules' in any of them, unless I am looking in
completely the wrong place!

Philip