My blog uses an 0.6 theme that I updated for 0.7.  I added an
action_form_comment() method to my subclass of Theme to customize the
comment form.  It works fine but the form doesn't pass HTML markup
validation.

I added a closing tag for the input elements created by
formcontrol_text.php (that I got somewhere from the upgrade to 0.7
instructions). But there are still two elements ("hidden" and "submit"
of the commentform that don't close themselves.  How do I fix that?

You can see them here: http://david.dlma.com/habari/internet-security

An unrelated anecdote: For the longest time my blog would look as I
wanted it to in everything *besides* Internet Explorer (even IE9).  I
only discovered today that the problem was because my theme's source
files started with HTML comments.  Here's a rendered form of the
problem: http://david.dlma.com/habari/not_centered_in_ie.html  View
that in IE, and click on the alternating "This page" links to see the
effect of the misplaced HTML comments!

Thanks for your time and attention,
--David