I apologise for my late response, but sudden and unexpected pressures in RL
took precedence.

Having solved these I'm ready again to update and I've meanwhile been able
to switch to the required PHP version in my account control panel as
suggested (and after consulting my hosting provider's helpdesk). Another
lesson learned.

I've noticed you've rewritten the update procedure and there's one omission
(?) that slightly worries me : in Step 4 of the Upgrade Process no mention
is made of what to do with my *habari.db* file (I'm using SQLite), which
seems quite essential.
I gather it needs to be copied just like the other files mentioned ? Please
advise !