On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 05:08:22PM +0200, Thierry Deval wrote:

> As a side note, a long time ago when I was working with RAIDframe, I've
> seen similar things happen... At that time, the solution was indeed to
> avoid softdep with raid partitions...
> There is something fishy around layered FS's.

no shit. We finally got rid of our last raidframe box couple
months ago. I've seen numerous problems with that in the last
years. The best one was a bureport I made to Mickey where
I reported an issue with:

two usb disks attached to a SMP system, with raidframe on them
and a panic when accessing a disk image mounted via vnd which was
laying on the FFS on the raidframe ;)

felix
--

bytemine  -  Entwicklungsmanufaktur fuer innovative Loesungen
Geschaeftsfuehrer:  Felix Kronlage

Felix Kronlage - kronl...@bytemine.net - FKR-RIPE
Kommunikation gerne mit GPG/PGP: 0xD9AC74D0

Neuigkeiten aus der Datenmine:  http://blog.bytemine.net/