> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 09:06:18PM +0200, rembrandt wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 May 2009 19:02:03 +0000
>> Michael Shalayeff <mic...@lucifier.net> wrote:
>>
>> > re
>> > perhaps you can spend a few words explaining why?
>> > cu
>>
>> inetd wastes ram.
>
> don't tell me your browser uses less...
> any single piece of software we are using on our
> desktop machines uses million times more.
> why not start picking on the big guys instead
> of hitting tiny little fellas everyone likes?..

Well see it as a start. And: 'course I can..
You can do more so it aint that fair to messure me like a kernel
developer. ;-)

> if you are concerned about memory so much then perhaps you wanna
> look in uvm,pool,etc memory (unpagable!) used in the kernel.
> if you save a megabyte there that might be worth a shot...
> cu

You're right but I just keep my point of view.
There is  no loss during not starting inetd or commenting
out all services it normaly starts.

I wont argue 'course there's more importent work to do but I still think
that there is no need for a inetd to get started automaticaly.
Those who need something can still start it manualy.

And please keep in mind: I don't talk about removing it. ;-)
It was just something I was able to submit.

regards,
Rembrandt