From the NYC mini-summit:

Zack will brief you on many details, but here's a more urgent notice.

The Dean campaign has embraced the idea of getting help from IT volunteers, since they're short-staffed.

Here's the plan: Two qualified IT pros are invited to spend a week helping the Campaign staff with everything from pulling wires to Database design. Naturally, they'll need support from everyone else around the country to deliver overnight solutions.

The first two volunteers are invited to arrive in Burlington next Sunday afternoon, July 26.

This is a true volunteer project. The volunteers will need to pay for their travel, room and board and expenses. We hope to develop a rotating schedule so that the two volunteers share a motel room near the campaign HQ, arriving Sunday and leaving Saturday. That will reduce the cost of lodging.

Think of it as an Adventure Camp for IT Pros. The reward is the chance to make a significant difference in the campaign. We expect lots of interest in these opportunities, especially since Zephyr will put a notice on the official blog.

I've described the project briefly at http://www.hack4dean.org/phpwiki/index.php?TechDesk Maybe someone would like to create a new page for this.

I'll be happy to review applicants and make recommendations.

It would be great to start with 2 volunteers with broad experience and great people skills.

thanks

Britt

Begin forwarded message: